Effective as of May 15, 2018
We have prepared this Privacy Notice to explain how, why, and when when visitors come to our site, third parties (such as AdRoll) may place cookies on their browsers for targeted advertising purposes. If you have additional questions contact us (see the “Contact Us” section below).
- About Allen Pools and Spas Services
Allen Pools and Spas is a Pool and Hot Tubs dealer. We are available year round for full service on your pool, spa, or sauna. Whether you are looking to buy, need repairs and maintenance, or water care education.
We pride ourselves in our commitment and dedication to delivering the ultimate customer experience each and every time. Sustained through generations of passion and professionalism with genuine regard to every customer, our community, and environment, we believe in representing products that deliver health, relaxation, and lifetime memories.
To do this, when you visit our website you can find the products and services that we offer, through a third party (such as AdRoll) we may collect some or all of the data described in this Privacy Notice. Our platform uses that data, as well as other data described below, to help us provide ads to you that are more relevant to you related to our products and services.
For example, let’s say you visit Allen Pools and Spas website in search of the perfect Hot Tub, but don’t purchase one just yet because you are still looking, we may later show you ads from Allen Pools and Spas to encourage you to come back and purchase one of our Hot Tubs, perhaps even with a discount offer or notice of an upcoming sale. We may also show you ads from Allen Pools and Spas with additional product recommendations you may be interested in, such as pools, water cleaning services, as you browse the internet. If you gave Allen Pools and Spas your email address for marketing purposes, we may also serve Allen Pools and Spas ads to you through other channels, such as by email.
- What data we collect
We collect the following categories of information for the purposes explained below.
- Activity on Allen Pools and Spas Digital Properties: This is data about your browsing activity on Allen Pools and Spas website or app. For example, which pages you visited and when, what items were clicked on a page, how much time was spent on a page, whether you downloaded a white paper on a business to business website, what items you placed into your online shopping cart, what products were purchased and how much was paid.
- Device and browser information: This is technical information about the device or browser you use to access the Allen Pools and Spas website. For example, your device’s IP address, cookie string data, operating system, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device’s unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Ad data: This is data about the online ads we have served (or attempted to serve) to you. It includes things like how many times an ad has been served to you, what page the ad appeared on, and whether you clicked on or otherwise interacted with the ad.
- How we use the data we collect
We use this data as Allen Pools and Spas to identify and serve ads to you that are more relevant to you. We also use this data to operate, improve and enhance our services including enhancing the data points we Allen Pools and Spas have about a particular user, browser, or device to serve the most relevant ads to you and, in turn, improve performance of our ad campaigns. Specifically, we use this data for:
- Targeting: Selecting ads that are more likely to be relevant to you based on the interests previously associated with your device and the time of day you may be most interested in viewing these specific ads. For example, we may show you ads about our products during lunch or commute hours.
- Frequency capping: Making sure that you don’t see the same ad too many times.
- Sequencing: If you are being served a sequence of ads, making sure we show you the right ad next in the sequence.
- Cross-device matching: Identifying all devices that are likely to be associated with you so that ads can be targeted, capped and sequenced across those devices. For example, cross-device matching helps us NOT show you ads for the shoes you were looking at on your phone but that already purchased on your tablet. Instead we’ll try to show you ads for an upcoming triathlon where you can put those shoes to work. It also helps us match devices so we can honor your opt-out choices across all devices we know are connected to the opted-out cookie.
- Attribution: Monitoring when, where, and at what price we served certain ads of Allen Pools and Spas so that we can measure our influence on the marketing result of our campaigns and overall marketing strategy. For example, being able to measure if a certain ad campaign (the ads shown and to whom they were shown) actually sold more for Allen Pools and Spas.
- Reporting: Providing us insights into how our ads are performing and gain insights into our customers. Reporting may include ad metrics such as impressions, clicks, and conversions. For example, if an ad is not performing well (customers aren’t clicking on it), we will be able to see that data and update the ad (perhaps with a better deal!). With respect to specific cookie data, we limit reporting to cookie activity on the website and which ads were shown whether there was engagement with those ads.
Data is reported in the aggregate for the campaign and, at times, at the cookie level.
- Data Sharing
We may disclose information about you:
- With our service providers: We contract with companies who help with parts of our business operations (e.g., for example, website and data hosting, fraud prevention, viewability reporting, data hygiene, marketing, and email delivery), as well as billing, collections, tech, customer and operational support.
- To Comply with legal process: To satisfy in good faith any applicable law, legal process, or proper governmental request, such as to respond to a subpoena (whether civil or criminal) or similar process.
- To Investigate Wrongdoing and Protect Ourselves or Third Parties: To enforce our Terms of Service or other policies or investigate any potential violation of those Terms and policies, any potential violation of the law, or to protect ourselves, our customers, or any third party from any potential harm (whether tangible or intangible).
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale (including during due diligence in preparation for the sale).
- Cookies and related technologies
Tracking cookies enable us to identify your device when you move between different Digital Properties, so that we can serve targeted advertising to you.
Additionally, we use non-tracking cookies (not unique) to store user decisions in terms of your ad and opt-out choices
- Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt out of receiving emails by us or on our behalf by clicking on our Contact Us Page and sending a message with Opt Out written in the comment.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out your browser may still send us data, for example your IP address. However, we isolate this data and do not use it other than for accounting and, in some cases, for fraud prevention. If you have opted-out on that browser, we do not use this data to personalize ads or to track you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices we will additionally opt out those we have linked to you. Since we may not have all your browsers or devices connected back to your user, you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- To opt out of receiving targeted ads that are based on your behavior across different mobile applications follow the below instructions, for iOS and Android devices:
- iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting
- For Android devices with OS 2.2 or higher and Google Play Services version 4.0 or higher: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest-based advertising”
Opting out will not prevent you from seeing ads, but those ads will likely be less relevant because they won’t be tailored to your interests. The ads might, for instance, be randomly generated or based on the web page you are visiting.
Some internet browsers allow users to send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. We do not respond to this signal at the present time.
- Data retention
We retain personal data we collect directly for targeting purposes. For identifiable data that we hold on such as email address list, we will retain until you ask us to delete it.
Personal data collected for other purposes is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes but is anonymized. For example, we retain anonymized impression and click data to ensure we can meet auditing requirements related to services provided or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
- Changes to this Privacy Notice
Changes to this Privacy Notice will be posted on this page. If we make a material change to our privacy practices, we will provide notice on the site or by other means as appropriate.
If we are required by applicable data protection laws to obtain your consent to any material changes before they come into effect, then we will do so in accordance with law.
- Contact us about questions or concerns
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, you can contact through our Contact Us page.