Big Green Egg Cooking Class Recipes
Cedar-Planked Cherry Tomatoes
1 Cedar grilling plank
2 pints (.9 L) cherry tomatoes
1 clove garlic, peeled and thinly sliced
3 tbsp (45 ml) fresh herbs, chopped (we like thyme, chives and basil)
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
2 tbsp (30 ml) balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
Herbed ricotta or goat cheese
- Soak the cedar plank in water for 1 hour, keeping it immersed. Toss the tomatoes with
the remaining ingredients.
- Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 400°F/204°C
- Place the plank on the cooking grid, heat for about two minutes; carefully flip the plank
over and add the tomatoes.
- Close the dome and grill for about 15 minutes.
- Serve with toasted bread and an herbed cheese.
Wickles Open Face Jalapeno Poppers with Judy’s Pimento Cheese
Recipe courtesy of Wickles Pickles
16 oz shredded white cheddar cheese
8 oz Monterey Jack cheese
1.5 cups of mayo
½ cup cream cheese
7 heaping spoons of Wickles Hoagie Relish
½ tsp garlic powder
½ teaspoon black pepper
- Set EGG for indirect cooking (with convEGGtor) at 400°F/204°C.
- Core and slice jalapenos in half. Mix all ingredients from above and spoon into peppers.
- Place directly on grid and cook for 7-10 minutes until crisp.
- Remove, allow to cool a little, and serve!
Smoked Jamaican Jerk Chicken Thighs
8 skinless boneless Chicken Thighs
1 bottle Lawry’s Caribbean Jerk Marinade, With Papaya Juice, 12 Oz
- In a plastic zip bag place chicken thighs and the bottle of the marinade and mix well.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Bring your egg up to 400 degrees and add one handful of Applewood smoking chips.
- Set your egg up for indirect cooking using the ConvEggtor
- Cook until thighs read 165 degrees internal temp and rest for five minuets.
Pita Bread Pizza
One thin pita bread
One cup grated Fontina Cheese
¼ pound sliced Prosciutto
One cup grilled asparagus
One cup arugula
Olive oil and salt and pepper to taste
- Set your egg up for indirect cooking using the ConvEggtor and set your temperature for 400 degrees.
- Lightly toast one side of the pita and remove from grill.
- On the toasted side add the cheese, prosciutto and asparagus.
- Drizzle olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill directly on cooking grate until cheese is melted.
- Place arugula on top and slice.